Hello everyone! And thanks for tuning into the Dear Creators Podcast. I'm so grateful to all of you who follow my podcast and have listened to every episode I've recorded so far. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter below to be the first to find out about Season 2.
Now onto the show!
This week, my blogger friend Krista Aoki is on the podcast, and I'm so excited for you to hear her story!
I've been following her blogs for the past few months and naturally connected with Krista via the Internet. This girl is dedicated to serving her audience of soul-searching blogpreneurs, and she's someone who ceases to inspire me in the blogosphere.
This past year alone, Krista taught herself marketable skills to leverage the Internet and make money online. Now she's created an environment that allows her to not only work for herself but also go hiking and play video games at her leisure.
Currently, Krista and her partner Mike are running their thriving online business from Thailand and living out the digital nomad dream.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The various jobs she worked before becoming a full-time blogger (11:50)
- Why Krista decided to go self-hosted with WordPress (13:46)
- How she found time to blog while working a full-time job (16:43)
- The original vision for KristaAoki.com and how it has changed after Krista started a second blog (18:19)
- Why Krista and her partner Mike decided to start Reroute Lifestyle (20:03)
- How blogging allows Krista to stay creatively inspired (22:36)
- Why it's not too late to start a money-making blog (24:53)
- Why you don't need a huge audience to make money blogging and what you should focus on instead (26:10)
- How Krista made her first few bucks blogging (27:18)
- When to start monetizing (28:33)
- Whether or not you should choose a niche (29:54)
- How to deal with blog envy (31:43)
- The one big mistake that beginner bloggers make (33:20)
- The importance of sharing your story with others (40:56)
Connect with Krista: